Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Angelina

Angelina wasn’t conceived under ideal circumstances.

And there is no one to blame for that but me. What seems like an eternity ago, I made some poor choices and bad decisions that resulted in a pregnancy that I didn’t want. Upon reflection, I’m grateful for the friend who spent a few hours being a friend when I most needed one. Thank you friend; I am grateful for your friendship.

My pregnancy with Angelina was not an easy one but as soon as she came out, she’s been the easiest child to raise. Unlike her brothers, she didn’t require a lot of cuddling/rocking and slept through the night as soon as she was born. Though she was only four pounds seven ounces and doctors and nurses were scared for her life, she’s proven that she’s a tenacious little girl filled with the love and spirit of Jesus Christ.

She and I both rely on this God given strength on days like today. She gave me a hug good bye this morning and broke down crying because she did not want to go to her dad’s this Thanksgiving. At six years old, this will be her first Thanksgiving with him. All of her life, up until last year, she’s only known me and the people in my life. I am comforted knowing that God will be with her. She takes comfort in knowing that I’m in her heart and that she’ll just need to think of me and I’ll be there. But none of that makes this any easier. I’m not sure if this will ever be easier. It’s something Angelina will learn to live with through the years.

Though we will not be together this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the angel sent from above because every once in awhile I get a glimpse of heaven through her eyes. She told me once that before she was in my belly, she was flying around God as a baby angel. She sees the good in people that I often miss. She loves unconditionally. Gives hugs freely. Reads her Bible regularly. And is living proof of God’s plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment