Friday, August 21, 2009

For as long as I can remember I’ve always prayed for “a house full of kids” because growing up it was always just my brother and me and I always wanted more siblings. Then when I had more children, I prayed for “patience.” Just recently, it hit me that God has a great sense of humor!

I was blessed with 3 children of my own. By the time the 3rd one came, my doctor advised me to not have any more since it would be risking my life and the life of the unborn baby. So, I took her advice and permanent rectified that situation. But in my heart I always desired more children. I was left feeling as if something was missing.

In 2007 God answered my prayers….

January 2007, I met Curt and his 4 kids. He really has 5 but the oldest was 18 at the time and no longer at home. By March 2007, we were all living in the same home. In November of 2007 we said our vows to each other and to the kids on a beach in Maui.

Immediately, I went from having 3 kids to 7 kids. Who knew a family could double in such a short amount of time!

Kim, the oldest at home, is 13 going on 14. She’s our 9th grader who was mentioned in the previous blog. She’s a phlegmatic; she can’t say no to people and often go out of her way to help everyone. She’s a phenomenal gymnast and loves the sport! She’s also a quality time and words of affirmation kind of girl.

Christen, 12 going on 13 this year, is a sanguine. She’s a social butterfly and loves to chat! She’s great at making people feel good about themselves. Christen is enjoys her quality time and gifts.

Abigail just turned 11 in May. She’s a choleric; very straightforward and to the point. I love this quality about her because she says it like it is and doesn’t try to sugar coat it! Often time people mistakenly assume she’s upset since she doesn’t say much. She just doesn’t have a lot to say, and when she does it’s brief and to the point. Abigail loves receiving gifts!

Jonathan is 10, a choleric and flourishes when he can be of help in any way. He enjoys doing acts of service to show that he cares about you.

Vinh is 9. He’s a phlegmatic melancholy. He loves to please people and very methodical in his actions and thoughts. He is all about quality time and loves to just hug on you and talk with you.

Jaden is the choleric sanguine. He states what’s on his mind and doesn’t worry about hurting anyone’s feelings though his feelings get hurt very easily. He also loves being the center of attention. He’s a little of everything when it comes to love; he loves his quality time but also enjoys receiving gifts, needs words of affirmation, and will help out wherever he can.

Angelina, 5 going to 6 this year, is a choleric. She says it like it is and isn’t concerned with people’s perception. She’s a very strong willed child and knows what she wants. She’s quality time and gifts. She states that her most favorite thing to do with me is to cuddle. At the same time, she loves receiving gifts from everyone.

All these varying degree of personalities and acts of love on top of Curt and my personality and our need for love; talk about complicated and a whole lot of finessing. Not to mention we have exes to deal with! How does one do it you ask? It takes a LOT of grace, prayers, and friends to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment